Summer is here and it is impossible to beat the heat and sun rays that constantly damage our skin and hair. Let’s begin by finding ways to minimize the damage and make the most of this weather.
Your best bet is to make friends with H2O. That’s right! It is extremely important to stay hydrated. Water just about covers all, takes care of your internal and external problems. Keep in mind that if you drink a lot of caffeinated beverages, triple your water intake.
- Your lips need attention like your skin. Use a richly textured lip balm with an SPF 15 and reapply when outdoors.
- Keep your skin hydrated with masques, you will find many things that work wonders for your skin right in your own kitchen, cucumber for instance works for your eyes and rest of the face both, i would personally skip a cucumber masque and apply the cool cucumber directly for better results.
- Cleansing. Toning. Moisturizing! Toners are a refreshing moisturizer prep, working to even out skin porosity.Yes, your skin needs a moisturizer in summers considering the amount of heat it will be taking in every day. Choose something that feels incredibly light on your skin.
- It’s not enough to just apply sunscreen.: you must apply enough, and apply frequently. A teaspoon for the face. For the body, about as much as would fill a shot glass.Stay out of the midday sun from mid-morning to late afternoon whenever you can and of course choose an oil free product.
- A tan may be a popular summer look, but it indicates damage. Bombard your skin with age-fighting ingredients to help undo any damage that may occur, and to further protect it from the aging effects of UV.
- Take a cold shower, as hot showers further damage your skin and scalp.
- Embrace the goodness of summer fruits. Melon is a fruit of choice for beautiful summer skin for treating skin from within. The sweet delicious fruit is rich in antioxidants and delivers a unique hydration to the skin, resulting in a radiant complexion. It is believed that it can actually boost your SPF by several factors.
- Don’t forget your hands.The thin skin on your hands wrinkles and pigments easily, so be sure to use sunblock daily. I neglected my hands last year and got a terrible tan with all the driving and sun exposure.
- The best tool for an even summer skin tone is probably already in your fridge. Cut a large strawberry in half, take a fork and poke at the flesh to awaken the juices, then swipe it across your face in small circles.Leave it on for about two minutes, then rinse off. This will brighten sun and age spots over time.
- Invest in a pair of good sunglasses and a large hat if you like to wear one otherwise a small umbrella should do the trick.
- Want to freshen your feet after a day in hot shoes? Soak them for 30 minutes in warm water that’s been infused with a pot of strong black tea.
Summers can be long and so its up to you to make the most of it! If you have useful tips to share, feel free to comment below.
Happy Summers! 🙂