Winter is the time to get wrapped up in gorgeous sweaters, mufflers, jackets, socks, uggs, boots and what not. Warm colors and beautiful textures, it all adds up to give us the wardrobe we all look forward to during autumn. But winter also brings with it skin problems that need attention. Many people suffer from skin dryness which leads to more serious problems. Of course this season also means dry, flaky scalp that itches and leaves our dark colored wardrobe full of white unwanted dandruff. So we are bringing you ways to improve your skincare during this season to give you gorgeous skin that you can happily flaunt.
- Oiling your scalp is definitely your best bet during winters and of course also otherwise. Coconut Oil is one of the best oils to help with dryness of the scalp and other areas too. It is light on the pocket and has no side effects
- Say NO to hot showers as much as you love them. Hot showers is the biggest reason our skin becomes dry.
- Befriend a good scrub that suits your skin type and doesn’t leave it dry. Once in a while scrubbing is actually good for your skin.
- Lanolin and fragrance free Lipbalm should be with you at all times to avoid chapped lips.
- Moisturizers are your saviors during winters. Choose the one that suits your skin type and don’t hesitate to use it as much as you want to.
- Nothing works better than petroleum jelly on hands and feet. I for one carry Vaseline in my bag during winters.
- Don’t forget a good sunblock even in winters as the sunrays are harmful even if welcome the warmth with open arms.
- Stay hydrated even if you don’t feel thirsty in winters. Lots of water means healthy glowing skin.
- Lastly, Cleansing, Toning and Moisturizing! Remember these 3 key words no matter what the season.
Enjoy the sun! Enjoy hot drinks! Enjoy BBQ’s! and of course always look great!
Enjoy the season! 🙂