We have reached Mid-January, halfway through the first month and we survived 😉
We wanted to post the resolutions sent to us by our wonderful friends and readers before welcoming 2017 but we decided to wait till mid-Jan to see how focused we are and how much of an effort are we making to achieve our goals, be it big or small.
We have spent the last few days of December in retrospection and reevaluating some of our life choices. New Year’s resolutions are the perfect opportunity for all those who have failed to start making the changes that they said they would make next week, next month, or perhaps when winter starts.
Well, now’s your chance to sit down and prepare a list of important lifestyle changes you want to make, since the majority of people fail to stick to their resolution, we think it’s best you print them or write them on a paper and put them up somewhere where you can see them everyday. Believe it or not this actually works quite well. If you are looking for effective ways of changing your life for the better, then read on and you’ll be sure to find tons of goals to achieve this year.
- Get in shape: Losing weight is the top resolution for most people, myself included, and combined with “exercise more” and “stay fit and healthy” it is something that we wish to achieve. It’s easy enough to start an exercise and diet program, but the trick is to find a decent one that will give you steady results and will be easy to stick to in the long run.
- Start eating healthier food, and less food overall: This is usually an extension of the previous resolution. Switching to a healthier diet can be incredibly tricky when we are surrounded by cheap junk food. However, with a good amount of determination and some basic tips you can slowly develop healthier eating habits.
- Stop procrastinating: The biggest barrier that keeps most people from reaching their goals is the desire to relax and do something fun instead of working hard. Once you get used to procrastinating it’s difficult to snap yourself out of it, so you’ll need to put in a lot of work to change this bad habit.
- Improve your concentration and mental skills: Try to improve your focus, for some meditation or yoga can do just the trick or you can program your mind into doing so. It’s not easy, but it can be done.
- Meet new people: Meeting new people can be beneficial to your mental well-being and help your career, so don’t be afraid to get out there and make some friends. Overcome your shyness, get some knowledge, step out, get to know new and interesting people.
- Become more confident and take some chances: If you are confident other people notice it, and it is much easier to have your opinions heard, ask people out on dates and get ahead at work. A good dose of self-confidence will help you lead a much happier life overall.
- Earn more money: Even billionaires are always looking for ways to earn more money, and we common folk can definitely use an additional source of income to make life a bit more comfortable. Fortunately there are plenty of options available, like having side jobs, working as a freelancer or using the internet to your advantage.
- Reduce stress: They say that stress is one of the biggest killers out there, and it can have a very destructive effect on your relationships as well as your health. Look for ways or people to help you manage your stress and don’t ignore it.
- Learn to be happier with your life: Even those that are in decent shape, make a good living and have stress under control can still be unhappy. It takes time and patience to learn how to find joy in the little things and not to let problems bring you down.
- Get more quality sleep: With big TV’s, computers, smartphones, tablets and all sorts of gadgets with glowing lights and beeping alerts, it can be hard to get enough sleep at night. You should be gunning for at least 8 hours of sleep a night, and there are simple ways to achieve this number. (We’ll give you tips on this in our next post).
- Read more: Books are an excellent way to gain a lot of knowledge on a huge variety of topics, and are also a great exercise for your brain.
- Become tidier: There are a lot of slobs out there who can’t really get their stuff organized, and a cluttered desk or chaotic home will negatively affect your productivity and even your mood, so it helps to clear the clutter, and lead a more organized life.
- Learn how to dress with style: The way you dress can say a lot about you, and wearing the right clothes can make you seem powerful and confidence, which in turn can help you land a job, get promoted, and catch the eye of a lovely guy or girl. No matter if you’re male or female, know the dress code and live with style.
- Spend more time with the people that matter: There is just too little time in this life for us to waste it on insincere, toxic people. We should focus on the people who we care about deeply and who care about us, as this is the best way to stay happy.
- Get out of debt: You can’t really move forward in life if you are weighed down by debt. The road to financial freedom is a rocky one, but it is definitely manageable with a bit of planning and self restraint. Once you have your debt under control, it’s time to start putting some money aside. A rainy day fund and some extra money that can go towards traveling abroad, fixing up the house or buying a new car are a welcome change of pace.
- Learn to cook: Cooking is one of the essential skill that every man and woman should possess. It allows you to save money, eat the food you love just the way you like it and impress dates with lovely meals shared under candlelight. If a husband and wife both can work, then I’m sure both can cook too. It doesn’t have to be a one man show. Responsibilities can be shared and let’s not forget that cooking is fun!
- Go see your doctor more often: Staying healthy should be your top priority, but many people seem frighten of doctors and don’t go to the hospital nearly as often as they should, often waiting for their condition to significantly worsen. Regular checkups are a must, no matter how healthy you feel at the moment.
Reinvent yourself: If you don’t feel quite happy no matter what you do, it is perhaps time to make some serious changes in your life. Reinventing yourself can give you a whole new perspective on life and take you in directions you may never have dreamed were possible.
- Become more romantic: Romance is often the first casualty in longer, more serious relationships, but it doesn’t have to wither away. A few romantic ways here and there can keep the passion going for decades. It will be fun, even if you’re not the romantic type.
- Become more social: Being a man, or woman, about town has its perks. You get to have fun, meet new people and find out interesting things, but you can also develop leadership skills and learn to work in a team.
Now let’s see what some of you have in mind for this year, let’s take a look at your resolutions. This is what some of our dear friends and readers have in mind for 2017
Mary Imran: “I will simply stay away from all the negativity and try to stay positive all this year.”
Talha Zahid: “I just wanna be a better person.”
Sonia Kamran: “My biggest new year resolution is to stay away from negative people! Friends who smile to your face and then insult you behind your back. friends,You think you can lean on them for support, but when you reach for their shoulder, you fall over and hit the ground!! Pain is only good if it teaches you a lesson and I learned my lesson very well in 2016!! These sorts of people have no place in my life anymore!”
Maira Omair Rana: “To learn to see things as they are. Accept them as they are. And let go of things I cannot change.”
Fatim Arbab: “Well I would like to be more humble n grateful. N hope the storm inside calms down:)”
Imran Kazmi: “I plan to embrace 2017 with a lot of positivity. My resolution is that I need to quit smoking ”
Maha Dania Kazi: “I don’t take resolutions too seriously, but I do like to practice mindfulness throughout the year and with each passing year, try and balance things out and not to take disappointments hard and to be proud of how far I’ve come, and count my blessings. Give help within one’s immediate community always feels right, especially those who work for you, and in your home. Be giving. Also, do something different and out of the box in 2017, it can be anything like travel or a project, something meaningful. Breathe in the aroma of roses around one, and not to get too preoccupied with life:)”
Life is too short. Live and Let Live! Be the change you want to see in this world!
Wings & Strokes